Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well, its 2010!! Happy new year, everyone! We're another year closer to the end of the world, but still, IT'S TIME TO PARTY!!

Haha, but I didn't go out to celebrate the new year. Actually wanted to, but changed my mind when the others wanted to go vivo instead of JP and I couldn't afford the cab fare home. But seriously, everyone is really partying to usher in the new year. The whole stretch of road at Boon Lay shopping centre was cordoned off and there were just tons and TONS of people walking around...without getting afraid of being fined, even thou the place has lots of police going around. O.O Pretty surreal. Ugh, I freaked out when the bus 99 driver bypassed the whole area and missed my stop. I thought he took the wrong route and began to doubt whether I was really taking 99 home D: Anyways, the area was filled with people, stalls (pasar malam!!!), alot of lights, alot of noise (almost gave me a panic attack), and more people. Plus back at home, they were doing another countdown downstairs (omg)...and they were late by 5 seconds. LOL!

So thats how I spent my new year: working (everyone's minds were somewhere else the whole time XD), fighting through the crowds to get home, enduring the noise downstairs (I swear, "I gotta feeling" is totally overplayed) and just watching tv at home (darn, missed the rain fashion show. Think it looks good thou I don't like rain =.=).

Resolutions for the new year?
1. Just be more organised and prepared for class. Could have done better last sem but was overloaded with too many stuff at the entirely wrong time. Yes, preparation and planning are the keywords for the new school year.

2. Should get out more. Thanks to people who invited me to go somewhere before...and still patiently extend their invitations. As I review the year, I realise I have no life-just work, home, and school (plus the occasional movies). I'm really irritating and boring, but I do appreciate those invitations. But I have many reasons you see, with one main reason being the lack of money.

3. This leads to my 3rd and I must say, one of the most important resolutions: SAVE MORE, DAMMIT! I realise my monthly salary is being spent on one thing or another, and I have really no substantial savings to speak of. Tsk, planning is also the keyword in the finance area of my new year. Gotta save more in order to accomplish more!!!

4. Read more. I haven't been reading alot in 2009...I miss the library and I think the library misses me too. But thanks ADELINEEEEEEEEE!!!! Haha, she bought me a Mitch Albom book ("Have a little faith") for my birthday, so I'm gonna get started on it. Read a few pages already, pretty ok so far but its too early to form concrete opinions about it. Still, a big THANK YOU to Adeline! *hugs*

5. Stop procrastinating. Applies to all areas of my life, especially the part about cleaning my room.

6. Seriously, get a new blogskin.

Ok, I think thats all for the list now. Will add more when I think of new stuff :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phew, can't believe I'm in the new year already. 2009 was quite ok, made new friends, learnt new things and found a job. Not exactly smooth sailing (eg: bought 40kg worth of books at the start of the 1st school year), but it wasn't that bad (at least it was funny, lol). Well I hope 2010 will be a much better year for me, and also for all my friends and family. Its a new year of new experiences, hopes and dreams people!!!

Happy New Year to You!!! :D