Friday, June 26, 2009

Bye Com 488, Helloooo GSS!

Ohohohohoho! I finally got internet connection for the other computer! No more fighting with my bratty sister for the computer! *throws confetti* Downside is that the connection is not very stable. And youtube's loading time is even more retarded D:

But on to more good news: its the end of COM 488!
And I have some personal matters to settle with that course...

Dear COM 488:
Through the past 6 weeks I've spent studying about you, I have realised that you're a pain in the neck to understand, not to mention to study for. HTTP, Black hats, White hats, Attrition rate, Optic Fiber, 8 features of e-communication technology, 8 features of a business, trojan horse, trademarks, copyrights, patents, cookies, privacy online, web bugs, Web 2.0, etc, etc, etc. Basically, YOU SUCK! Although there was a great lecturer teaching us who taught me alot of very very important things, that doesn't make you less lousy ultimately. Because I feel kinda cheated when your name is supposed to be more about communication than technology in the first place. So even though you may be useful sooner or later (e.g.: telling facebook supporters that facebook owns EVERYTHING they put up on the site and enjoy the moment when their faces convulse in shock), I'm just glad that you'll be gone now.

May we never meet again.

-Olivia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah well, that was my hate letter to COM 488. Ok, it doesn't sound exactly 'hateful' but I guess that's because the paper itself was pretty easy. 50 MCQ and true/false questions wtb! LOL, I practically breezed through the paper in like 5 mins...and spent the next 20 mins pondering over the more difficult ones+checking the paper.

OH OH OH!! And that Elena was so funny lah!
Our paper actually has different versions to prevent cheating you see. And to indicate which version of the paper we're taking, there is a question telling us at the end of the paper (usually placed at question 51). But this time, the question appeared in question 37 which said: The version of your paper is A. So the answer to question 51 is A. (or something like that. Can't remember.) And then, this got alot of us very confused. I didn't know if I should put no.37 after no.51 to push the answers up, or leave it as it is instead. And after asking, I found out that we should just leave it.

AND THEN. ELENA THAT JOKER, she over analysed the whole thing. Cos the answer to no.51 is B instead, and she thought no.37 was a trick question. So even when her paper's version was A, she went ahead and changed it to B. VERY SMART LO. Thank god we found out about it, and told her to go back and get it changed. She was so panicky lo...dunno whether to comfort or laugh at her. Ahhhhh well, that's the joke of the year. (oh yeah, it doesn't matter if you don't understand my explanation. I'm bad at explaining in the first place. That's why my jokes don't sound funny at all *wails*)

So now its one COM subject down...and 2 MORE TO GO FOR THE REST OF THE SEM!!! GAHHHH! Hope the other 2 will be easier to understand. =.=

But for now, I'm enjoying the GSS. "Tis' the season to be shopping, FALALALALALALALALA~" Yeah thou I'm not exactly the shopping type, things are different when it comes to the things I like and when I actually have some moolah to spend.

HARRIS SALE OMG!!!
2 BOOKS=20% OFF
3 BOOKS=25% OFF
HOW GREAT IS THIS?!?!?! *hysteria*

Me and sis bought 3 books...and the amount we paid is like for 2 book only. WTH, I LOVE THIS SALE MAN. Haha, got "The perks of being a wallflower" (Thou I read it already, my sis was interested in it when Jas lent me the book. Thank you Jas!! The book is great, really.), "The White Tiger" (halfway through) and "Life's Golden Ticket" (haven't read it yet, but looks similar to "5 people you meet in heaven"). Sigh, good books are such great investments. Hmm, I should visit Bras Basah soon to find some good deals too. Still can't believe the time I got "The reader" in brand new condition and latest edition for ONLY $1. *bliss*

LOL, I'm such a nerd.

Oh yeah, Famous Amos is having offers too...check them out! *munches on my no nut chocolate chip cookies*