Friday, June 25, 2010

Whining...and more whining

Hiya, long time no see. Haven't been posting anything these days...haven't even been online either since switching the computer would mean an inevitable downward spiral to school failure hell. But if you're reading this, I thank you for your loyalty *sniffles*.

Anyways, I think its because I'm too stressed, I've become very irritable these days. I'll just get pissed off easily, and many people can attest to it. Apparently I just have different "angry points" (directly translated) according to my sister when I was whining to her. But seriously, many things have been troubling me lately. Wisdom tooth giving me freaking painful ulcers, lack of sleep, etc etc etc. Especially in school...I'm currently taking a course whereby I have no grasp of how the lecturer is going to test us. She tends to sidetrack to irrelevant things, and her slides is kinda vague. She tells us to just study whatever she has went through with us, but she would just ask us to read a whole chunk of stuff in her slides...so, what? Do I pay alot of attention to those pages or not? Mind you, the chapters are super content heavy and there is ALOT to memorize. I feel so helpless and frustrated D: The first test was a total disaster...I only just passed leh wth. It was a very big blow *sniffs* The thing is, the stuff she tests are just very little details. I just don't understand-there were so many things she emphasized, so much content that were far more important. Why go and test us weird weird content...WHY?! Seriously, I think many people in class just flunked or barely passed. And that was just a first test (thank god it was only 10%)...I was thinking, what if the rest of the semester's exams was going to be this kind of shit!?

BUT TODAY. Today was the mid terms for the module, and oh my god, it was actually DOABLE!!! I experienced so much stress over the exam lo. Because its 30% of the overall grade, and I just passed my first test, it was seriously make or break. Summore my lecturer told us that anyone who didn't make it will have to resign from the course. Waliao, do this for the second time and pay again!? No way man. So I just tried to remember whatever I can from six chapters worth of content in the limited time we have...and the exam turned out to be pretty ok. Personally, I think the lecturer made it easier for the class to do (since everyone's basically failing). Ahhh, I'm just hoping I'll do good enough to level out the impact suffered in the first test.

Oh, and this week also concludes the end of my half semester modules for summer. Its kinda sad, cos I've had great lecturers for these mods, especially for communications class. I think my class caused alot of trouble for my lecturer, Lance. Totally hard to please and unresponsive. But to his credit, he was super patient with us and remained nice. He even bought food for us on the last day of class (nice right!)! Haha, the funny thing is everyone planned to get a can of coke for him as a surprise...he survives on coke. But he went and bought 4 big bottles of coke himself! Everyone was like "wth!" when we saw him taking out bottles and bottles of coke. And when we went down to present our individual cans, he was basically shocked and laughed hysterically. Yeah, it was good.


The sheer amount of coke. o.o


Lance and our fizzy cans of appreciation! (I was telling Elena how pretty the packaging was)

Right, so this is basically what's happening to me in school now. I know, alot of whining involved...I'll try to tone down next time. Before I go, here's a random statement in view of today's 5 hour downpour in Jurong today (which I spent studying instead of sleeping comfortably in bed) :
"People who call for food delivery in stormy weather are truly evil. Die, suckers."