Monday, January 17, 2011

KOREAAAAAA


OMGYESITSANEWPOST!

Yeah well, it has been a very busy holiday indeed. Amidst various social activities and celebrations, I also travelled to KOREEEAAAAAA. Most people probably don't even know that I've left and came back until I'm actually back (read: Ronald Toh is a very bad friend). Told you guys that I'd have a very promising career as a ninja. :B

Since it shall take very long to write me adventures in Kimchi Land, I will summarize some highlights/observations/ happenings from my trip:

1. IT WAS FREAKING COLD.
Like, really really -14 degree Celsius average kinda cold. Especially in Jeju, where we are surrounded by water, the cold wind blows like nobody's business (although it truly is nobody's business). It was so cold that my fingers stung immediately when I wasn't wearing gloves...ok, I know you probably can't imagine it but trust me on this. While we are on this topic, I shall announce that my suspicions of my sister being an alien is once again confirmed. That ET only wore a normal shirt, a cardigan, a usual winter jacket (without zipping the jacket) and jeans...without feeling very cold. Walao, and I was bundled in layers of clothes and equipped with scarves and gloves. D:

OH YEAH BTW:

BOOTS WITH THE FUR! HAHAHAHAHAHA! XD

2. Koreans really love their kimchi and meat.
I know this because we had both foods in EVERY MEAL. I know right. :/

3. Korea has lots of amusement parks.
I think we visited 2 or 3 of them in 7 days. =.=
Oh yeah, and this leads me to my next point...

4. 360 DEGREE ROLLER COASTERS ARE FREAKING AWESOME.
I rode my first 360 degree ride there. The experience itself was super scary, I didn't know how I got the nerves to go for it without much persuasion from my relatives, considering how much of a coward I am. My aunt videoed our daring stunt...the one sitting on the left is my dear cousin and the one on the right is yours truly. I wonder if you can hear it, but I was screaming "OH SHIT, OH SHIT, SHIT, OH SHIT" (or a similar order) as the roller coaster was slowlyyyyyy climbing up the stupid peak before launching us off at a freakish speed.


It took all the guts and adrenaline.

At the end of the ride, I had jelly legs and a laughing fit. I dunno if it was out of relief that we didn't die or if it was because we couldn't believe that we even attempted the ride, but me and my cousin just kept on laughing and laughing and laughing, hurrhurr.

5. Korean spoons are one of the prettiest spoons I've seen.
I swear.

6. Myeongdong, my regret.
Wish I could have more time to shop there...so much stuff to check out!! The skincare/cosmetic products are very very cheap (cos the Koreans are very particular about looks...as we all know). The face masks are 1/3 of the price in Singapore...now I greatly regret not buying the 100 mask pack. T.T

Also saw many Korean stars there...well at least their life sized posters...


Life sized eye candy @A@


*fangirl scream*


HAHAHAHAHA, yeah, you'd wish he was actually on sale :D

7. Korean boots, my regret too.
Dammit, why do the biggest shoe size in Korea have to be a size smaller than mine?! The boots were so niceeeee T.T

8. I love Korean seaweed and chocolates.
And so do my colleagues. :D

9. Skiing is a terribly challenging sport.
It was damn difficult to stop the skis, and it didn't make things better when I was screaming away while silently praying that I would at least survive if I ever crashed headfirst into the barriers (thank god I didn't). And its really stupid that you had to walk up again if you wanted to ski down. Ok, now you think that its perfectly logical to do so, try walking sideways with heavy skis painstakingly up the slippery slope (hurrhurr, pun not intended). In the end we gave up, took off the skis and carried them up the slope instead. And if you think carrying the heavy skis with the two poles with two hands is no sweat, I would really like to see you try. Conclusion: Skiiing--not for the weak-hearted nor weak-limbed.

10. Singaporean Sua Kus and the snow.
Snow was all around us, but it was falling snow that brought out the sua kus in all of us. We saw tiny wisps of snow during one night of our trip, but because it barely had an impact, it doesn't count. The real thing came during the last day of our trip (lucky!!!)...although it might mean nothing to the locals since it wasn't very heavy snow, it was heavy enough to elicit "wahhhh" sounds from everyone in the tour group.


Ok, you can't really see it, but the snow was there!!

11. It was great to travel with my family.
Especially when everyone is so damn funny. My aunt was the funniest...apparently she brought carrots to Korea. For us to build snowmen. Brought a total of 6 of them summore, since there were 6 of us, LOL. Alot of jokes and laughter along the way, hehe. I think we're the weirdest and noisiest family in the tour. The laughter doesn't stop even during meals, hoho :D

12. Our imaginary friends came along too!
Everyone, meet the creepy/legendary Alice! And we got Andy, Bernard and Betty on the team now...


The one who started it all...that's Alice and Andy with her


Me with my sis' friends :S


Because imaginary friends need love too :)


YAY!


Man, I look ridiculously happy

In case you were wondering, my imaginary friend Bob didn't join in cos can't take the cold due to his bad bones...Lynette's heartless breaking of his spine 2 yrs ago was what did it :/

Ok, I know I probably left out some stuff I wanted to write here and there. But since I can't remember them now, I shall leave this post as it is. I went to many places and saw many things there...too many to write them all. Haha, and basically acted like a pig there--eat a super big meal (AND WITH GUSTO!), go to the coach to sleep, wake up to play, and start the cycle again. Pretty enjoyable, hoho. I'd really like to visit again, preferably during a less harsh season!! Apparently my cousin, aunt and mum want to head back again too, lol!

S.E.O.U.L totally man :D